Skip to main content

tv   Viewpoint  Current  July 29, 2013 5:00pm-6:01pm PDT

5:00 pm
on that is totally illegal, we'll talk more about that on the young turks.com. we'll do that tonight. bye-bye.% >> john: this is the have in i nots, and have no idea how we got into this mess. there are people who at some point will need some help. >> and the pope says he will not condemn gay people, but if you're a woman who wants to be a priest, he'll start to judge. tonight's f-bomb will show how liz is running for president. and today is the birthday of e
5:01 pm
street band member and known as mrs. springsteen, ken burns and pauley o of the sopranos is 71 today. and if this happened 50 years ago they could have stopped th this, you go, scott walker. this is "viewpoint." >> john: good evening. hey, america, it looks like we're in a really, really, in a race to the bottom. the associated press revealed new survey data which shows four out of five adults, not one out of five, but four out of five
5:02 pm
adults in america will struggle with unemployment incomes near or below the poverty line, or rely on government assistance at some point in their lives. four to five. a record 46.2 million americans or 15% of the country are poor. that poverty line is an annual income of $23,021 for a family of four. let me repeat that. $23,021 for a family of four. that's our poverty line. think about it. the racial gap of americans li living in poverty has shrunk tremendously. the number of single white mothers in poverty is comparable to single black mothers at 1.5 million. hispanic single mothers in foster hovers around 1.2 million. all of these numbers arrive just
5:03 pm
as president obama continues to pay eloquent lip service to the problem without giving real details of just how to turn this mess around because congress is pretty much insured he can't. >> when wealth concentrates at the very top it can inflate unstable bubbles and inflate the economy. when the rungs on the ladder of opportunity grow farther and farther a birthday it undermines america, the idea that if you work hard you can make it here. that's why reversing these trends has to be washington's highest priority. >> john: so with a bitterly divided government what can president obama do? let's ask democratic strategic from forbes.com rick unger and tina dupuy, the editor in chief
5:04 pm
of the contributor.com. you heard the president's speech last week, of course, other than saying we need to reduce income inequality, and i would rather hear uneven income growth. that's what the last 30 years been about, what has president obama done about these issues? he takes a lot of heat from the right and the left on it, but rick, what has he done and what could he do outside of the executive orders? >> there are two levels. one is philosophical, and the other is real things he could do to have more immediate impact. jobs bills, infrastructure bills, he has even gone so far of developing infrastructure in the private sector, and the congress would have none of it. he can't do it on his own. on the philosophical part, i wonder if he could kick it up a
5:05 pm
notch to find a way to drive home the point that the republicans could blame him for this forever, let's go back 30 years. before anybody heard of barack obama, we were well on the track of income inequality. the bigger philosophical question tough to get through. this is what he keeps giving the same speech about. >> john: and he articulates the problem beautifully, but so did ross perot. >> that's a great example. >> john: tina, as rick pointed out in 2011 this president sent congress a jobs plan that was 60% tax cuts and they still killed it. in light of that, what could he conceivably do, executive orders? >> well, he's a president who wants to governor by consensus with a party that doesn't want to give him consensus. he's playing chicken is what he's doing. the republicans are very, very good at corshing.
5:06 pm
they do a masterful job of making people feel bad for taking government assistance, feel bad for being hungry, feel bad for failing because they haven't gotten the american dream because they haven't worked hard enough. if you just have more jobs, work harder and harder, that's what has been promised. there is a carrot in front of people, but the system is rigged. they're telling people that even with three jobs they still can't feed their family. >> we try to get republicans on the show all the time, nobody wants to. what parts of president obama's talk on the economy has the best shot of maybe resonating with
5:07 pm
congress. blaming ra reagan won't do it. >> the first thing i would do, i'm not him, but i would be flashing every word like on an applause sign. i would say walmart. here you have the largest employer in america, a million employees. >> john: 1.4 million. >> and they pay these people not enough money to avoid food stamps. they hire people to help their people get on medicaid. >> we subsidize walmart. we're giving them government assistance, they're fine with it. >> john: they have as much money, those six walmart heirs have as much money as 100 million americans combined. in wisconsin alone, one walmart store is costing taxpayers $900,000. >> what the republicans are tryinged to is turn this around and say we're willing to make a deal. he actually has already given pretty much everything he could
5:08 pm
give and still be able to look at himself in the mirror. what he would have to agree to get these things through, to get them to approve an infrastructure bill or jobs bill, they could not in good conscious agree to. he is in such a catch-22 he is immobilized. >> john: bill clinton had as much nastiness thrown at him, but not as much obstructionism. americans don't understand in a broader sense this is a worldwide problem. it's not just here in america. how much control does any president have over an economy. >> he has the power of the bully pulpit. >> that's it. >> he knows how to explain problems and show who the bad guys are, who the god guys are and what we should be fighting for. that is really a lot of power. he has not been able to effectively do that because he wants everyone to get together and be kumbaya about these problems instead of being candid about what the issues are and
5:09 pm
how we got there. >> you never heard me blame george bush about the financial crash because it wasn't about george bush. >> hum. >> no, when you can point to legislation that was passed that had an impact was unfortunately president clinton. >> john: that is the legislation that was appealed. >> bush's tax cuts didn't help. >> and the one thing i do put on bush, if you're going to decide to go to war, as he did, like the war, hate the war, none of us particularly like it, you have to have a good sense, do you remember that tax cut i gave you? things changed. now we need the money. we'll give it back to you when the war is over. >> john: two wars off the books, while cutting taxes for the rich, that's not conservative. there are two mailmen. one mailman gives a credit card,
5:10 pm
and he go crazy. now the next mailman is bringing the bill for the credit card, and we're saying we want the old mailman back. >> john: when he built that wall between banks, he's built a lot of blame blame for it. we can agree it's a bipartisan problem. we're not a bunch of stinkin' liberals agreeing all the time. are we on our way to feudalism? are is going to change before the poor scale the walls of the rich. >> i'm going to quote bill di di blasio, he said, i'm going to quote fran franklin roosevel. build bridges. >> john: he could release stimulus funds again. >> i think congress is a perfect
5:11 pm
boogeyman. everybody hates them. >> but it's also--this is what nobody ever talks about, because it's the president everybody has a tendency to look at him. the reality is congress has a far more dramatic impact on the economy than the president does. he could come up with the greatest plans in the world. congress don't pass them. >> john: we're looking at another lee years of this until g.o.p. president gets in and they cut taxes for the rich more, how do we get out of the ditch. >> we don't get out until we get the next presidency. i hate to say this, but this is a president who after two years of this term would have been a lame duck. his lame duck is coming earlier. >> john: i want to say some how credit card amnesty will get americans out there buying again and having savings. but is there we're looking at beyond three years. beyond making speeches. >> i think from the ground level it has to be people asking their
5:12 pm
government to actually work for them. my column this week is about gerrymandering. that was the problem with congressmen. their jobs are not at stake. they don't have to feel the pressure of free market because they have a rigged system. they don't have--that's the only thing we can do to change this. you have to change the house of representatives. >> john: you can also get out there and protest. that's why these folks in wisconsin--the folks protesting in madison against scott walker is making me proud to be american. we have a potential rival for the spot, larry summers. in our final minute why does larry summers get to have a job after being wrong about everything. >> why is this guy employed? he's the example of failing up. >> john: this is the problem that so many progressives had of
5:13 pm
barack obama. >> i'm allergic to regulations. >> cenk: and let banks regulate their own fail. since bill clinton did remove glass-steagall that separated the wall between banking and casinos, will it give democrats more credibility if they say look, we're not pinning all of this on george bush? >> at this point, no. there might have been a time where that might note have been a bad idea, but we're so far down the road. even if the economy were to pick up by another point or two in a year, which is good news, i don't think it's going to have that much of an impact on jobs. >> john: because the jobs aren't here. >> we're looking at the wrong problem. >> john: now that al gore doesn't own thi this channel any
5:14 pm
more, what a joy it is that nafta didn't work. we'll have the panelist back, stick around. pope francis said he approves of gay priests. that barry manilow is on to something. this is "viewpoint." stick around.
5:15 pm
5:16 pm
cenk off air alright in 15 minutes we're going to do the young turks! i think the number 1 thing than viewers like about the young turks is that were honest. they know that i'm not bsing them for some hidden agenda, actually supporting one party or the other. when the democrats are wrong, they know i'm going to be the first one to call them out. cenk on air>> what's unacceptable is how washington continues to screw the middle class over. cenk off air i don't want the middle class taking the brunt of the spending cuts and all the different programs that wind up hurting the middle class. cenk on air you got to go to the local level, the state level and we have to fight hard to make sure they can't buy our politics anymore. cenk off air and they can question if i'm right about that. but i think the audience gets that, i actually mean it. cenk on air 3
5:17 pm
trillion dollars in spending cuts! narrator uniquely progressive and always topical, the worlds largest online news show is on current tv. cenk off air and i think the audience gets, "this guys to best of his abilities is trying to look out for us." only on current tv! >> john: peace talks in the middle east, john boehner and harry reid working together, and a pope supporting gay priests. these are things you think will never happen. well, i don't know if pigs are filling the skies just yet, but today pope francis i gave a press conference on a plane like he's nixon on a flight back to about still where he would nod judge priests for their sexual orientation. quote, if someone is gay and searches for the lord and good will, who am i to judge. now his press assessor benedict xvi believed that men with,
5:18 pm
quote, papa deep seated homosexl tendencies you should not become priests as he wrote and so this new papal perspective is quite a di parture. we have how big of a a di di parture was francis' statement on the plane today? >> well, john, it's important. pope francis said whom am i to judge. well, he's pope. it's a tremendously important statement. i think particularly because homophobia kills people. it's murderous. i'm shopping tha hoping that whd
5:19 pm
might even save lives. it's a long way between this statement and changing of theology, but you know, at the ground level where people are being bullied, they're being killed, it's important. it's important that a pope say this. >> and reverend, it's fair to say that while he did condone gay priests, he didn't actually condone gay people living natural, healthy sexual lives. he condoned gay priests because gay priests are celibate, right? >> well, i think this was a partial statement on a plane, and in the context of actually talking about the vatican, we're going to have to see how it is followed up. ostensibly, yes, priests are celibate, so it's not an
5:20 pm
affirmation of the whole human spectrum of sexuality, and it is a long way from archbishop desmond tutu, and this has been a remarkable couple of days of affirmation of gay rights. archbishop desmond tutu said he was not going to worship a god who is a homophobes, and if homophobes are in heaven, archbishop tutu is not going there. but wherever desmond tutu is going to be in the after life, that's where i want to be. this is a powerful statement by god. pope francis, hopefully his compassionate mercy approach will save lives, but there is a long way to go. >> john: you're right. bishop tutu won the nobel peace
5:21 pm
prize for fighting apartheid, and he compared today's modern gay culture to apartheid. you know jesus never said a thing against gay people, and this is a fan club standing up for their own based on the new testament that i think has been mistranslated. do you think the pope's statement will begin to attract new parishioners? is this a step forward to saving the church in america? >> well, it's designed to do this. the pope is coming from this giant youth rally in latin america, and the churches are losing the millennial generation because of homophobia primarily. the demographics are in, and people have voted with their feet. they're not going to be part of a church that is homophobic.
5:22 pm
i don't want to be too cynical about this, but i do want to put one and one together and make two. if the catholic church is going to try to get young people and keep young people attracted to the church then messaging, i think pope francis is wonderful at messaging. is it going to go beyond messaging? because this is just one step up from love the sinner hate the sin. it's a little better than that. it's a little more mercy compassion, but not much. so i think it is an effort, actually, to seek to the millennials and say, come back to the church, stay in the church because who am i to judge? but you have to take it to the theology that desmond tutu shows. >> john: i'm rooting for this pope, and i would like to save the catholic church from
5:23 pm
becoming a third world cult. when asked about women as priests, something that jesus never spoke out against, the pope said, that door is closed. we keep the door closed and open a window? a little crack, is there any room of encouragement when 51% of the population is unfit for the priesthood? >> well, the pope is wrong about that, john. i think that this is kind of analogous to saying women can continue to sit in the back of the bus, but what nuns on the bus, for example, did, and sister simone campbell. this is ministry, john, this is ministry by powerful catholic women. the catholic church i hope will eventually catch up in his statements to the press. the pope mentioned mary, but you know, i think that jesus' mother mary was very much a person who
5:24 pm
was powerfully preaching about poverty. in mary's song, i think we should relate that to your previous segment about the train wreck of poverty in the american economy. so this is a kind of martha, you know, should be ordained a priest. i think even as i said homophobia is murderous, sexism kills women. one in three women in the world die from gender-related violence. more than cancer, more than malaria, more than traffic deaths more than war combined. the "world health organization" has just issued a massive report
5:25 pm
on the murderous effects of gender-based violence. we've got to take this statement by the pope and push back on it and say, not good enough. women are fully human. and the churches need to be out there speaking about violence against women, and the catholic church needs to do that, too. >> john: i think you're exactly right. i agree with you on poverty issues. although the vatican could sell a painting and many could eat for a year. i want to thank you reverend doctor susan thistlethwaite, and read her book. thank you. >> thank you. >> john: just when you thought fox couldn't get any dumber. it's the interview that's blowing up on the worldwide web, so stick around. รง]
5:26 pm
5:27 pm
5:28 pm
you know who is coming on to me now? you know the kind of guys that do reverse mortgage commercials? those types are coming on to me all the time now. (vo) she gets the comedians laughing and the thinkers
5:29 pm
thinking. >>ok, so there's wiggle room in the ten commandments, that's what you're saying. you would rather deal with ahmadinejad than me. >>absolutely. >> and so would mitt romney. (vo) she's joy behar. >>and the best part is that current will let me say anything. what the hell were they thinking? >> john: in tonight's edition so that happened, a fox news fail of epic proportions happened when their religion correspondent, which is funny in a minute, interviewed the author of "jesus and his time." >> you're a muslim, why did you
5:30 pm
write a book about the founder the conservative. >> to be clear i'm a scholar of religions with four degrees one in new testament and fluency of biblical greek, who also just happens to be a muslim. >> john: wait, what? okay, so the interview about his book, and it's not about his religion. let's give you another shot. >> it still begs the question why would you be interested in the founder of christianity. >> because it's my job as an academic. i am the professor of religion, including the new testament. that's why i do for a living, actually. >> john: really? lauren, the guy is a muslim. he has no right to write about christianity? that's like saying that christians have no right to write about muslims. yet that's what fox news do.
5:31 pm
as our correspondent reads a question from a fox viewer. >> your book is written with clear bias, and that's like a democrat writing about why reagan was a good republican. >> it would be like a democrat with a ph.d in reagan who has been studying his life and history for two decades writing a book about christians. >> why would a democrat want to promote the republican. >> you're assuming that i have a faith-based bias in this work that i write. i think it's unfair to assume because of my faith background that there is an agenda on this book. that's like saying a christian who writes about mohammed is by definition not able to do so because he has to-- >> no, he can do so. >> that there would be a buy was against it.
5:32 pm
>> he could do so, but you never disclosed that you were a muslim, and-- >> ma'am, the second page of my book, the second page of my book says i'm a muslim. every single interview i've ever done on tv or on print says i'm a muslim. >> john: so he's a sneaky muslim, i see. well, look, i it did have an impact. if go to amazon.com and read the reviews you'll see an overwhelming tsunami of hateful comments by loyal fox news viewers who hate the book and never read it, proving once and for all that fox news is truly a mecca for people who hate mecca. stick around. compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside.
5:33 pm
(vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
5:34 pm
5:35 pm
we have a big big hour and the iq will go way up. (vo) current tv gets the converstion started weekdays at 9am eastern. >> i'm a slutty bob hope. >> you are. >> the troops love me. (vo) tv and radio talk show host stephanie miller rounds out current's morning news block. >> you're welcome current tv audience for the visual candy. just be grateful current tv does not come in smellivision. the sweatshirt is nice and all, but i could use a golden lasso. (vo) only on current tv. >> john: welcome back to "viewpoint." no politician likes criticism, for two half years scott
5:36 pm
walker's critics have gathered each weekday at noon to sing anthems about their grievances because he's a horrible governor. but the problem is she didn't have a permit of 20 people or more that makes it criminal to protest in the space that taxpayers pay for. the police arrested 80 singing protests including grandparents. one walker fan organized his own sing-in to break the strangle hold of the anti-walker sing along. this is what our government has come to. dueling political sing-offs. and the pro walker guy, he got a permit. where does this end, with kevin bacon showing up for a dance
5:37 pm
off? with me is the cocreator of the daily show, and author of "live free or die" essays, and let's welcome back rick unger and tina dupuy, editor in chief of contributor.com. help me out, liz. we talk about scott walker a lot. i love madison. i played there three times last year. it's a great town. those people make me proud to be an american. the political sing off got under the governor's skin that he started arrests because he couldn't take the heat. >> i'm one of these people, to be honest, it's one of the things that i would support scott walker on. i hate scott walker down to the core of my being. i look at him as sort of the truck stop hair brain politics.
5:38 pm
but seriously, it doesn't--he doesn't win on any levels. we expose scott walker so brilliantly in february 2011, and america saw him as no oh going back on him being the grassroots midwestern governor guy. we all know he's the koch brother's governor. i think it's a lose. >> john: i thought when i first heard the story about paula jones, bo about how supreme cout had a right to address grievances. that's what these people are doing, petition be the government for grievances. but if you support paula jones you have to support piece people. >> i made a career writing about scott walker. what i really want to talk about is this federal court decision. how did this judge reach a
5:39 pm
conclusion that more than 20 people it's unconstitutional to bar piece them these people frog there, but 20 or less is constitutional. it makes no sense. i don't get how he got there. the good news is that it's a temporary restraining order. there is still going to be a trial on this. let's hope that this judge wakes up and realizes that the constitution does not have a cut off point at 20 or 21. >> john: wisconsin was a big move against mcdonald's minimum wage, when you look at that and the recall campaign verse scott walker, which didn't work, but they were outspent 8/1. when he took away collective bargaining rights for teachers. didn't have the guts to do it against cops, they all came out in full force, this all labors on the rise. >> this is the birthplace of
5:40 pm
unions and this is where they tried to kill unions. the thing that is interesting about this story is to see how fractured and how far wisconsin has fallen. when i was there two years ago during the first--this was like before occupy. they were out there before anyone during really the arab spring they were out there at that time. the police officers who i interviewed would not arrest protesters period because they were in solidarity of what they were doing. >> john: and they wanted collective bargaining rights. >> there were more than 20 people there. >> the police officers actually joined with those people. they were out of uniform, and they were out there protesting scott walker. this is not only these unions that have fallen but this is wisconsin being fractured.
5:41 pm
and scott walker making them arrest people they're sympathetic for. >> john: i think scott walker is the best to win the nomination however he will never be president because of what he did on july 5th. he buried in the july fourth weekend he signed the wisconsin new abortion law. he's traveling all around the country to get the presidential run. he got the hero's welcome at the rnc, but this demands women to have mandatory ultrasounds, how could he ever win on this? >> but there was the 20 week ban which the federal court have put a stay on. given the past--i want to say months or six weeks--there have been five abortions banned. when you are a taxpayer, and
5:42 pm
your legislature, you're paying to have laws you don't want, then paying because both laws are constitutional, then paying possibly planned parenthood or center of rights to fight the legal battle. you're essentially paying for all fronts of war. when that is brought up people will be angry. >> john: isn't this the reality that scott walker know? doesn't scott walker know this will be tied up in lawsuit for years. >> he doesn't care. he couldn't care less. liz, you're right with respect to people who are thinking. but the people who elect these officials, to put them in the jobs to do these insane things that we all know are never going to pass constitutional muster, they're all for the fight. go get 'em. they don't care if they're wasting people's money. >> as we saw in texas, north carolina, as we saw in wisconsin and ohio, those four states, those bills were slipped in the
5:43 pm
death of night. >> how about attaching it to a motorcycle law. >> i know. >> it will go to the supreme court. that's why they're passing it without discussion, because they want it to get to the supreme court. that's why every single house-- >> john: we have to go to break. >> is controlled by republicans is trying to get there to overturn roe v. wade. >> john: i don't think they're serious about roe v. wade. they're seriously serious about shaking down pro-life voters. why is america becoming more gay tolerant the rest of the world is moving in the opposite direction? we'll be hating on scott walker after the break. stick around. criticizing, and holding policy to the fire. are you encouraged by what you heard the president say the other night? is this personal or is it political? a lot of my work happens by
5:44 pm
doing the things that i am given to doing anyway. staying in tough with everything that is going on politically and putting my own nuance on it. not only does senator rubio just care about rich people but somehow he thinks raising the minimum wage is a bad idea for the middle class. but we do care about them, right? vo: the war room monday to thursday at 6 eastern
5:45 pm
5:46 pm
5:47 pm
>> john: enough with the scott walker. as i was saying, hate, it comes in all shapes and sizes. in this segment we're going to look at hate. hate is taking the world by storm and homophobia has become the new support. i'm joined by liz, rick unger and tina dupuy, where to start? we all know about vladimir putin's fear of gay bashing, and
5:48 pm
any couple living in any country where marriage equality is allowed to exist and allow cops to arrest foreigners who are gay or pro guy as against the laws. the gay community began a campaign that is picking up steam. they're boycotting russia and vodka. but bars around the world are dumper think booze. do we think going after a private business that isn't necessarily anti-gay will have any impact on the anti-gay movement in russia? >> i don't know, i think there other industries that might be worried if gays are not drinking. >> wait until borst. >> that's polish. >> john: we're not anti-gay in our hiring, we hire gays around
5:49 pm
the world but liz has a point. get the point throughout, and private business, you tell putin. >> i have a feeling that putin does not respond to the private business. >> john: i asked this first, should the u.s. provide foreign aid to countries that are opposed this. i'm sure that a lot of viewers agree with this, but tina dupuy doesn't. we should deny aid to any oppressive country, including our own therein lies the problem. >> we're going to talk about
5:50 pm
zimbabwe, the poorest country in the world. and they're deciding that they're scapegoating the bible, draw out and kill to make them feel better, in that analogy are the gays. because they're suffering, the idea is that it's going to make them forget that they're hungry. >> john: homosexuals are described as worse than bi pigs, goats, and birds, for birds? come on. >> two-years ago they were looking for witches. once there is a tide that raises all ships there will be fewer people scapegoated this way. and when everybody is doing better, minorities do better. that's what the data tell us. aid is very good for this.
5:51 pm
>> i'm surprised it didn't say worse than women. the record that zimbabwe has with women is terrifying and unbelievable. >> john: lest we say our wonderful mideast allies the better. on the hate side we go to baton rouge, louisiana, where a sheriff set up a sting operation to catch those nasty gays and book them on old already decla declared unconstitutional sodomy laws. he asked guys if they want to go back to his place for sex. when the guy said yeah, i'll go back to your place, when they get there, they're arrested. can we cut off the state of louisiana. no more stimulus sex to bobby jindal. >> i think he already cut it off. >> john: that's true, that's true. >> bobby jindal is doing that himself. yay. >> john: does it surprise you that louisiana that these guys can misuse taxpayer funds by
5:52 pm
doing something that is illegal? you can't arrest guys. >> and constitutional. >> john: there is nothing conservative about this. >> i think when you say come to my house for sex and you get there they're arrested, that is a problem on the constitutional level. >> this is louisiana. they still run on the napoleonic law. >> john: what will it take, everybody have a gay cousin? >> that's right, when they start roughing up the gays, look at me. i'm a freak. >> it's one of the poorest states. we aren't paying for their diabetes medication. they're not doing well. >> john: when you've got poverty-- >> yes, poverty. >> john: and social injustice
5:53 pm
charismatic. >> yes. >> john: i want to thank my panel. liz, everyone buy her book, and rick unger, and tina dupuy. next up, liz cheney really is her father's daughter. that's up next. compelling true stories. >> jack, how old are you? >> nine. >> this is what 27 tons of marijuana looks like. (vo) with award winning documentaries that take you inside the headlines, way inside. (vo) from the underworld, to the world of privilege. >> everyone in michael jackson's life was out to use him. (vo) no one brings you more documentaries that are real, gripping, current.
5:54 pm
5:55 pm
>> did anyone tell the pilgrims they should self-deport? >> no, they said "make us a turkey and make it fast". >> (laughter). >> she gets the comedians laughing. >> that's the best! >> that's hilarious. >> ... and the thinkers thinking. >> okay, so there is wiggle room in the ten commandments is what you're telling me. >> she's joy behar. >> ya, i consider you jew-talian. >> okay, whatever you want. >> who plays kafka? >> who saw kafka? >> who ever saw kafka? >> (laughter). >> chris brown, i mean you wouldn't let one of your daughters go out with him. >> absolutely not. >> you would rather deal with ahmadinejad then me? >> absolutely! >> (singing)
5:56 pm
>> i take lipitor, thats it. >> are you improving your lips? >> (laughter). >> when she's talking, you never know where the conversation is going to go. >> it looks like anthony wiener is throwing his hat in the ring. >> his what in the ring? >> his hat. >> always outspoken, joy behar. >> and the best part is that current will let me say anything. what the hell were they thinking? >> only on current tv. >> john: time for the f-bomb. dick cheney may be evil, sure. he's so evil he chuckles when reading the book of job. he's so evil that charles manson carved hi dick cheney's name ons forehead and he'll remind us that george w. bush's greatest event in office was staying alive. he bankrupted the company but
5:57 pm
made the company halliburton that gave him $32 billion of your money, there is so much war mongering he opposed the healthcare to save you but government healthcare saved him, and you paid for it. he's a gift of comics even though comedians always compare him to darth vader, since fair since darth vader never avoided military service. that brings us to liz cheney. reporters asked senator enzi about his buddy's daughter, aren't you friends? he replied i thought we were friends. it's great to see someone like liz willing to divide the g.o.p. because she decided that someone else has her job. she exemplifies cronyism. and her gigs from fox news to
5:58 pm
the mitt romney campaign all came from her dad making phone calls. if it wasn't for overprivileged right wing children getting by on their daddy's name, it's the gift that keeps on going. liz refused to admit that barack obama was an american citizen, she also said that 9/11 was clinton's fault. she said prosecuting the original wtc bombers in 2003 led to 9/11 and doesn't know what appeasement means. she is fond of saying that obama apologized for america. obama never apologized for america but a lot of americans have had to apologize for your daddy. and young dick cheney supported guys to fight in vietnam, but when it came to his term he does draft five times because he just had liz, make make which makes y
5:59 pm
little darling draft deferment. to republicans the question is are you going to let her tear down your party like this? when are you going to man up and grow a pair to tell cheney to undermining your party. [ coughing ] >> hi, liz cheney. >> i see that you still love--i'm here to take over your show. >> john: this is my show, liz cheney. >> no, it's my show. america decided that i could do a better job. >> john: nobody wants you to take my job. >> i don't need ideas. america said there is time-- >> john: you can't do that, liz. >> you give me what i want! or i'll have my daddy--that's
6:00 pm
better. this is my show now. we'rwar good. obama bad. you've been watching "viewpoint" with liz cheney. the network, you're on current. the current that was right about everything expect the fact that they were going to still be a network. good night john's mom. now give me pork because its time for me to feed! >> joy: tonight either though anthony weiner's campaign manager has just resigned, weiner refuses to pull out. yes, ladies and gentlemen, the jokes are now writing themselves. and the latest staff, his opponents gain. wwe'll talk to howie mandel pays a visit but i'm prepared for him. oh, yes, i am. there we go. all right. all that and

50 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on